Friday, November 01, 2013

Three things I AM looking forward to:

1. Android KitKat (rumoured arrival- any time now)
No, this is not some new chocolate-covered robot I’ve stumbled across on my latest travels through cyberspace, but Google's latest operating system for mobile devices. Formerly known as Key Lime Pie, it replaces Jelly Bean. Yep, sweet. My thoughts exactly.

2. Starbucks Red Cups (rumoured arrival- Nov 1)
I'm not a year-round fan of this ubiquitous coffee chain, but- this time of year, every time I pass a shop those blasted festive flavours have a way making my credit card spontaneously climb out of my wallet, insert itself into the card reader, and wait expectantly for me to enter the pin number.

3. Christmas (rumoured date- Dec 25; in supermarkets three months earlier)
Celebration of the greatest event in human history. What's not to like?

Three things I AM NOT looking forward to:

1. Sunset at 2 pm (assuming there is a sun in the first place) 

Yes, this is that time of year when every shift feels like a night shift. Will take more than a few red cups just to maintain the sanity.

2. Potentially looking like a creep for 'Movember' (ongoing)
This year, for the first time ever, I will be growing (sorry, rephrase: attempting to grow) a moustache for a whole month. On the plus side, I will be playing my part in a global campaign to help fight prostate cancer - the most common cancer amongst men. So, while my physical appearance may be dubious, the cause is most certainly not. If you are able to donate even a small amount, it would be much appreciated. My 'Mo Space' is here.

Special note to my Malayali friends- this is a humble request. Please avoid the 'Meesha Madhavan' jokes. If you do notice a passing resemblance to Mohanlal, however, it is ok for you to mention this. Valarey thanks.

3. Sachin Tendulkar's retirement (14-18 Nov)
I have already rambled on about this. (please refer to previous post below). My adult self will probably try to be all cool and unaffected by it. My 16-year-old self, on the other hand...

If you are looking for a Sachin fix, are curious about the great man's legacy, or in the extremely unlikely (and frankly preposterous) event that that you've never heard of him before, please head to Cricinfo's 'Farewell Tendulkar' site here. It is, figuratively speaking, a soothing balm for the troubled soul.

No comments: