Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Movember Update

I am now a third of the way in to my Movember Challenge. My number one fear when I started was that my moustache would grow straight outwards from my face, to the point where it would enter a room before the rest of me did. I am pleased to confirm that this particular fear has (so far) not materialised. But with 20 days still to go, we're not out of the woods just yet. 

It's not all bad, though- there have been a number of positives already; the main one of course being that I have raised £60 to date, with assurances of more to come. Thank you to everyone who has donated so generously and for those who haven't- I hope you take a good hard look at yourselves. 

In addition: 
As a reward for exceeding £25 in donations, I now have a voucher for a free hamburger every day between the 8th and 17th of Nov. This has been an altogether unexpected, but enthusiastically welcomed, development. So now I can continue with the important task of changing the face of men's health, and stuff my own face with meat while I am doing it. 

On a side note- I did wonder why the free burgers were only for 10 days while the challenge lasts a month, but I suppose ten days worth of burgers is probably the most one can consume before running at least a slight risk of turning into a cow. 

The final fringe benefit of my slightly disconcerting appearance is that fellow passengers now recoil just a tiny bit when I board the train after work (that's right, step away from the Mo!). These few extra millimetres are crucial as they allow me to commute with both my feet on the floor rather than in some yoga pose. My normal clean-shaven self will miss the luxury of personal space when it's gone, but for now my hairy-monster self is cartwheeling for joy. (Interesting mental image, no?) 

That’s all for now. It’s time to go scare myself in the mirror.

No comments: