Friday, September 04, 2015

It is possible that when I go out running tomorrow, a car will drive over a piece of stray debris which will come flying off the road and leave me blinded in one eye. 
Unlikely; but entirely possible. 

One of these days, all this music I'm piping through these snugly-fitting earphones will end giving me tinnitus, and every moment of quiet from then on will end up being a little battle against an ever-looming cloud of complete insanity. 
Far-fetched; but entirely possible. 

I could wake up in the middle of tonight in a cold sweat, think I'm having indigestion, but actually have a stroke that will render me a hollow shell. 
Dramatic; but entirely possible. 

If any of these were to happen, will everything I have done up until 2200 hrs GMT on the 3rd of September 2015 be enough to keep regret at bay for however long I have left on this beautiful planet? 

Your life is a window of opportunity. And it's smaller than you think.

No comments: