Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Menstrual Man

So today I came across the inspirational story of India's Arunachalam Muruganantham, aka 'Menstrual Man'. A true modern-day hero. 

Please take a few moments to read the full article here.

Arunachalam also figures in a new book by Rashmi Bansal titled 'Take Me Home' which profiles 20 entrepreneurs from small-town India who have built successful businesses in their own backyards (in a manner of speaking). The section on him, aptly titled 'Mad Men' is most definitely my favourite. 

Not least because Arunachalam, in his own incredibly charming and self-effacing way, says things like this: I have many friends who are buying Boleros and Scorpios, wearing big-big chains and they don't put buttons on their shirts. Is that the purpose of the human being life?

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a truly amazing, inspiring, humbling article this is of a man on a mission! I think he tops my list of awesome people who are willing to pay any price to fight for what they believe in!! Thank you Ajay for sharing this in your blog.
BTW - I love reading your blogs. Each one has a beautiful, touching or funny message that really speaks to me, and I suspect to anyone, who reads your page!