Monday, June 17, 2013

PB strikes back!

When I was little, like most boys I wished I had my own secret superpower. Mine would be the ability to create fire; that most beautiful and unpredictable of all the elements. I wished I could summon it at will, have it dance at the tips of my fingers or spin like a glowing top between cupped palms. I even had a name for myself- FlameBoy. 

In my childish naivete, I thought the power of spontaneous combustion was the one I could use most efficiently to save the world, while looking indescribably cool (or hot) while doing it. (Excuse me, Sir, do you have a light? Yes, ma'am, here you are- whoosh! O my God, it's FlameBoy! *swoon*

Obviously, things didn't really work out that way, and FlameBoy was ultimately destined to exist only in my imagination. Until today. 

Nevermind that the FlameBoy of my dreams was meant to live forever, while this morning I woke up feeling the full force of my own mortality.The fact remains that today I have come the closest I have ever been to realising that wish I first wished so long ago. 

Today, I am PhlegmBoy.

PS: Like all my previous colds, this one too appears to be life-threatening. Your support is appreciated at this difficult time. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some things clearly haven't changed with you. Mhunje kharokharach Drama Queen ahe thumhi.