Thursday, April 26, 2007

Singleton Park


I cross from the light into the dark
to this place where I come to drown
out the sounds, alone in Singleton Park.
Outside, the evening rituals of the town
take place without a thought
for those who wander on their own.
I was a child when I first brought
myself here and stopped to nuzzle
the moon and all ambition came to naught.
Returning since then like a dog on a muzzle
to watch countless mysteries unfold
and search for pieces of the puzzle.
Words, like memories, mean nothing I am told
But here the silence is something to behold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a gifted poet and really know how to weild words.

Anonymous said...

I like the image the last two lines of the poem conjure up. Very poetic.

Anonymous said...

the first comment is sooo tru!! you are sooo gifted!! you are getting better and better(i didn't think that was possible), another fav peice of your work :D