Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Woof!

All I heard were shuffling feet,
As I stood beside the bar,
I was sliding into an empty seat,
When I spied her from afar:
My eyes were rooted to the floor,
As she bought her rum and coke;
She was close enough to know the score,
But I waited till she spoke.
'This seat taken?' she softly posed,
With lips of reddest red,
Down she sat but then arose,
To pat me on the head:
And now you’re going ‘Shut it please, wouldja?’
Bet you didn’t guess ’twas a dog though, didja?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol
xplain dis to me l8r
still confuzzled :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ajay!!

Long time...how goes?

Happen to stumble on your blog, interesting lyrical stuff.

Btw, I now have a website of my own work, paintings mostly, look up this link if it interests you
http://www.artmajeur.com/?go=artworks/display_list_artworks&login=pearlrain

Trying to make a career as an artist and doing little teaching stints with art and art history.

Anyway was nice to connect to ur blog

do tell

Renu

Anonymous said...

A lovely quote on writing!

"It is worth mentioning, for future reference, that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book quiets down after a time, and one goes on more steadily. Doubts creep in. Then one becomes resigned. Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything."

-- Virginia Woolf

Anonymous said...

Btw, your blog is stunning! especially your prose pieces!!

Cheers
Renu